For Researchers

Doing Research within Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services (AHS) recognizes research as a critical strategic priority. A strong research focus leads to greater capacity for evidence-informed decision-making in both policy and practice. This is vital to advance the health care system and to ensure the effective use of funds. Our ultimate aim is to improve health outcomes for all Albertans.

Alberta Health Services is working to coordinate tremendous research talent across the province and to direct that talent toward being a health services organization based on evidence-informed, patient-focused, quality care.

Alberta Health Services works collaboratively with Alberta’s academic institutions and affiliated research institutes and centres to implement an integrated model of health research. The goal is to improve health care for Albertans by improving efficiency, building capacity and promoting excellence in health research.

If you have a question about conducting research within Alberta Health Services, you can contact us at