Correction or Amendment of Your Health Information

Information Requests

If you believe there is a mistake, error, and/or omission of information in your health record, you may request correction or amendment as per section 13 of the Health Information Act (HIA).

In support of your request, you must also provide adequate proof or evidence for evaluation. Documentation required:

  • A copy of government issued ID to confirm identity of the Applicant.
  • Any document to support the requested change. For example, reports of x-ray or laboratory tests or documents showing a medical diagnosis might be needed to prove a certain medical condition exists.
  • If possible, a copy of the record containing the error. Having this will speed up the processing of the request.


Contact us at the Privacy Intake:

Step 1

Complete this form and provide supporting documentation. There is no initial fee required.

Step 2

Submit your completed form with the required supporting documentation to Note that not supplying supporting documentation will delay the processing of your request.

Considerations when submitting a correction/amendment request:

  • We cannot remove a health record created by an AHS health care professional, such as your physician, nurse, etc. You may only request correction or amendment within a health record.
  • Determine who created the record because AHS will only process requests for records created by AHS staff.
  • A professional opinion as per section 13(6)(a) must consist of the following:
    • There must be either a professional opinion or observation;
    • The professional opinion or observation must be that of a health services provider; and
    • The professional opinion or observation must be about the applicant.