Offers 24/7 care for people with complex, unpredictable medical needs who require 24-hour onsite Registered Nurse assessment and/or treatment.
Long term care spaces are reserved for individuals who have highly complex and unpredictable health needs whose care cannot be safely provided in their own home or in supportive living
Long term care may be right for you if you have:
- Serious changes in health status requiring immediate health professional assessment
- A need for medication management and other treatments
- Conditions requiring the continued presence of a Registered Nurse and the consultative availability of rehabilitation or dietary professionals
- Unpredictable or unstable behaviour that places the individual or others at risk
- Complex end of life care needs
Visit the Alberta Health Services Continuing Care website for more information..