Decrease the burden of cancer and other diseases through Knowledge Management.
Transform patient care through real time data capture and reporting to optimize outcomes and resource utilization.
For a detailed explanation of our objectives, please click on the following link : KNOW Strategic Objectives.
Cancer Surgery Alberta was established in 1998 to address the lack of readily available treatment guidelines and outcomes data for cancer surgery in consultation with health regions, the Alberta Association of General Surgeons, the Alberta Medical Association, Alberta Health and Wellness, and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- To ensure that all Albertans diagnosed with cancer have access to appropriate surgical intervention that is delivered:
- using a multidisciplinary approach when indicated
- in a timely manner
- with appropriate resources
- and as close to home as possible.
- To address the need for treatment standards development and implementation for cancer surgery.
- To improve cancer surgical outcomes by measuring and reporting on predetermined and meaningful outcome indicators.
- To facilitate the professional growth of surgeons by establishing a continuing education program in cancer surgery that is open to innovation and implements best practices.
- To provide leadership in conducting research that enables knowledge transfer to achieve better outcomes.