Physical Therapy Outpatient Services
Provides consultation, assessment, goal-setting, patient-specific treatment plans, therapy and education to help people manage acute or chronic pain, improve functional mobility, increase strength, improve joint range of motion, improve balance, coordination and endurance.
Restores maximum function and independence through:
- cardiac rehabilitation
- falls prevention
- stroke or spinal cord rehabilitation
- orthopedic injuries or surgery
- neurodevelopment and rehabiliation for pediatric specific conditions
- functional restoration
- injury prevention and education
- chronic pain management
- hand therapy following plastic surgery
- management of rheumatoid conditions
- burn management and wound care
- cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- rehabilitation following organ transplant
- gait, balance and coordiation re-education and training
University of Alberta Hospital
1F1, Walter MacKenzie Centre. Some rehabilitation services are available at other locations in the building.
8440 112 Street NW
Parking and Public transportation available
Hours of Operation
Outpatient services are generally provided during weekdays and generally between the hours of 7:00am to 5:00pm, but this varies between programs.
Service Providers May Include
physical therapists (PTs)
Phone Rehabilitation Services for more information.
Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
There may be a fee for some supplies or equipment.