Back to search

Programs & Services

Immunization - Adult Services

Provides immunizations for adults at community / public health centres across Alberta.

This service provides routine immunization for adults. Suggested immunizations:

  • a booster dose of diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (whooping cough)(dTap) every 10 years
  • dTap vaccine for pregnant women every time they are pregnant
  • Hepatitis B vaccine (HBV) for unprotected adults born in 1981 or later. Some adults born before 1981 may need this vaccine if they are at risk for hepatitis B (e.g. health problems, type of work, lifestyle, contact with the virus)
  • Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine for adults up to and including age 26 years who did not get it in school.
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine for adults whose immunization records do not show the recommended number of doses of measles, mumps, or rubella vaccine.
  • Chickenpox vaccine for unprotected adults
  • annual influenza vaccine
  • pneumococcal vaccine for all adults 65 years of age and older and adults with certain health problems
  • shingles vaccine for adults 18 years of age and older who have had or are going to have an organ transplant

To find out which vaccines are recommended for you and to book an appointment for immunization, call your nearest community / public health centre. If you are not sure where your nearest community / public health centre is, you can call Health Link at 811. Bring any immunization records you have to the appointment, especially if you were immunized in another province or country.

For more general information about immunization go to, Immunizations at, or call Health Link.

Contact Details

Onoway Community Health Services

4919 Lac Ste Anne Trail
Onoway, Alberta
T0E 1V0
Hours of Operation

Open weekdays

Service Providers May Include
public health nurses

Service provided to individuals age 18 years and older; who live, work or go to school in Alberta

Service Access

Call to make an appointment.


This service is free of charge, for adults who live, work or go to school in Alberta.

Service Languages
Interpreter/Translation services
Service Locations
Also Known As
Immunization - Adult and Seniors Services