Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Rehab services Monday to Friday, 8: a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Service Providers May Include
dietitians, doctors, health care aides (HCAs), licensed practcal nurses (LPNs), mental health therapists, occupational therapists (OTs), pharmacists, physiotherapists (PTs), recreation therapists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers, speech-language pathologists (SLPs), transition coordinators
- be medically stable with a clear diagnosis and established health issues
- be able to take part in active rehab for 3 hours per day
- be able to follow one-step commands
- have sufficient attention, short-term memory, and insight
- be willing and motivate to take part in the program
A health professsional must send a referral to the unit which will be reviewed by the rehabilitation team. Direct admits are not accepted from RAAPID, a referral must be filled out and submitted.
The rehabilitation team will review the referral prior to admission. (See eligibility of entrance to the program)
Also Known As
Stroke & Geriatric Empowerment Unit