Services support the development of children and youth to participate in meaningful activities of daily life at home and in the community. Focus is on the early years and early intervention to prevent health complications and improve long term health and wellbeing.
We want to understand what's important to your child and family. Services are goal-driven; starting and continuing services is based on having functional reasons / goals for rehabilitation. Therapists will work with parents to provide the tools and strategies to apply in the context of their home and life. Therapy may look like 'play', depending on your child's age. We will work together so you and your child are supported to move to the next developmental stage or between providers and services. Services are provided by phone, zoom and some in person sessions as determined by your therapist. They may be in a group or one to one. Services provided are related to (neuro) developmental conditions and / or medical conditions.
Occupational Therapy 0- 18 years services children and their families with self - care; motor development and eating, feeding and swallowing.
- motor development
- self - care
- participation in activities typical for their development
- eating, feeding and swallowing
- self/emotional regulation
- sensory processing
- assistive technology
Physiotherapy 0-18 years services children and their families with development and movement.
- motor development
- movement and function
Speech Language Pathology 0-18 years services children and their families with communication and eating, feeding, and swallowing.
- pronouncing speech sounds
- understanding and listening to spoken language (0-5 years only)
- using words to communicate thoughts and ideas (0-5 years only)
- speaking smoothly and easily (stuttering)
- using gestures, pictures, communication boards to communicate (augmentative & alternative communication, AAC)
We work closely with our pediatric rehabilitation partners to ensure referrals go to the right place and services are offered within the most appropriate program.