Pediatric Surgery - Post Anesthetic Care Unit
Following surgery, children are monitored until they can safely be moved to a hospital room.
The child is moved to the Post Anesthetic Care Unit following surgery for monitoring until they wake up from anesthesia. PACU nurses have advanced training and certifications to make sure your child wakes up safely. Before leaving PACU, the nurses ensure that:
- your child's pain and nausea are under control
- your child's breathing, heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen levels are appropriate
- your child's surgical area is ready for healing
Stollery Children's Hospital
8440 112 Street
Parking and Public transportation available.
- Parking rates apply 24 hours per day, and are in effect for all public parkers, including those with provincially issued placards for persons with disabilities.
- Public parking is GST exempt.
- Pay by Plate machines accept Canadian coins or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
- Maximum 28 Canadian coins per transaction, no pennies. Machines provide no change.
- Pay on Foot machines accept Canadian coins and bills, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express). These machines will provide change.
- Parking Office accepts payment by cash, credit card, debit or cheque
- Bus stops at 112 and 114 St.
- LRT Health Sciences station is located west across 114 St.
Hours of Operation
24 hour service
Service Providers May Include
pediatric anesthesiologists, pediatric surgeons, registered pediatric nurses (RNs)
Patient's under 18 years of age.
Referral by a physician/other professional required.
Bring the following with you:
- Child's Provincial Healthcare card and Birth Certificate or Passport
- a list of all medicine the patient takes
- documents required for legal consent
Also Known As
PACU, Recovery Room, Wake Up Room