A beginner to intermediate level functional physical activity program suitable for people with one or more chronic health conditions that limits their ability to move.
- individual initial assessment with a team of occupational therapists, physical therapists and a Kinesiologist to determine eligibility for the program
- eight (8) weeks of exercise, held twice weekly, in the community
- three (3) educational sessions regarding goal setting, physical activity based resources and programs available in the community
- discharge assessment and evaluation of goals set
- one, three and six months follow-up and intervention, as needed
- occupational therapy consultation, if required, during programming
Edmonton Zone and Area
The map does not show the actual location of this Organization or Service.
Hours of Operation
Service hours not available.
Designed for adults(18+) who are medically stable and:
- are re-integrating into the community following a medical or rehabilitation intervention
- are able to ambulate independently with or without aid (Walker or Cane etc.) for approximately 1 block
- are under 300 lbs
- better manage physical status while living with a chronic health diagnosis
- are not currently receiving rehabilitation for any Motor Vehicle Accident, Worker's Compensation, or Short Term Disability claim
How to access the exercise program:
- You may self-refer by calling the STEP Forward Intake Line (Phone780-735-3483)
- You may be referred by a physician, caseworker, or Allied Health professional
- An initial assessment appointment will be scheduled for you fot determine if you meet porgram eligibiliy
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
There is a minimal cost to attend program (to purchase exercise bands supplied for each participant)
Partners with local community groups for use of facilities to offer this program.