Provides assessment, treatment, and education for children with stable new onset neurological issues meeting criteria as acute.
This clinic sees patients:
Referred from ER, Outpatient, or PCP
Pt must be afebrile, normal level of consciousness, stable, and safe to be seen as an outpatient, as deemed by referring physician.
Refrral must be for an acute presentation (defined by <4 wks. in duration in a prev. well child). General diagnoses can include, but are not limited to:
- Headache: </=5 years, acute change in quality/frequency, acute confusional migraine, hemiplegic migraine, idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- First seizure (afebrile)
- Acute visual disturbance
- Acute onset dizziness and vertigo
- Acute changes in sensation
- Acute weakness
- Post-concussion (<12 wks.)
- Asymptomatic idiopathic intracranial hypertension after neuroimaging and CNS lesion has been ruled out
- Child is <12 months of age with acute neurological complaint