Works to make sure adults and children living in or using care facilities (e.g. nursing homes, group homes, daycares) have safe shelter, food, and other services as required by various regulations under the Public Health Act.
Reviews plans for new businesses and approves facilities as requested by Children's Services, Inspects many adult and childcare facilities routinely and follows up on complaints from clients or their families. May also provide education for staff in social care facilities.
Applies the requirements of various regulations under the Public Health Act and the CSA Standards in social care facilities including:
- daycares and foster homes
- drop-in centres and shelters
- group family day homes and group homes
- long-term care facilities, nursing homes, and seniors’ lodges
- preschools and out-of-school care
For more information visit the Environmental Public Health website or submit a request online.