Back to search

Programs & Services

Environmental Public Health - Safe Food

Works to prevent food poisoning (also called food borne illness) in Alberta by investigating food-related complaints and providing food safety information and education to facility staff and the public.

Alberta Health Services issues food handling permits to facilities that offer food to the public, like restaurants, food trucks, grocery stores, daycares, and nursing homes. Public health inspectors follow up on complaints and inspect food facilities to assess food safety.

Public health inspectors offer food safety information, education, and provide guidance on safe food handling practices for special events, markets, bake sales, and other functions.

Alberta's Food Regulation and Food Retail and Foodservices Code describe the minimum health requirements for food facilities.

Submit an online complaint or request, or contact us at 1-833-476-4743. For more information visit the Environmental Public Health website.

Contact Details

Olds Campus Community Health Centre

Location Info
Olds Campus Community Health Centre, Suite 2029
4500 50 Street
Olds, Alberta
T4H 1R6

Elevators available across from the entrance

Getting There

Turn East onto 57 St from 46 Ave (2A). Take first left. Left again into Parking Lot N. Walk past the Arts building on right. Ralph Klein Centre is straight ahead.

Hours of Operation
Days of the Week

8:30 am - 4:30 pm

8:30 am - 4:30 pm

8:30 am - 4:30 pm

8:30 am - 4:30 pm

8:30 am - 4:30 pm


Please call for Inspector availability.

Closed from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM for lunch

This is not a drop in service. Please call for information between the listed hours

Service Providers May Include
environmental health officers, public health inspectors
Service Languages
Interpreter/Translation services
Service Locations