Society volunteers run Bargain Alley thrift store to raise money for projects that support the Health Care Centre and its public health / home care programs.
Since 1982, the Society has provided over 100 significant pieces of medical equipment, patient aids and health complex furnishings including;
- patient aids and health complex furnishings
- blood pressure machines
- portable x-ray and upgrade to digital x-ray
- teaching aid for airway management and neonatal resuscitation
- toy boxes for child patients
- cable television service for inpatient rooms
Society volunteers work at the secondhand thrift store, Bargain Alley. Volunteers assist with screening tests or influenza clinics at the public health unit.