Provides treatment for people with hand injuries or problems.
Some injuries and conditions treated include:
- broken hands or wrists
- tendon repairs
- nerve repairs
- Dupuytren’s release (taking away extra tissue from the hand)
- soft tissues injuries (e.g. dislocations, sprains)
- repetitive strain injuries (e.g. tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- long-term problems (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis)
Occupational therapy services include:
- splinting after hand injuries that may or may not need surgery (e.g. broken bones, tendon repairs, dislocation injuries)
- splinting for soft tissue or long-term problems (e.g. tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis)
- splinting to help bring back movement
- managing scars with compression or silicone gel sheets
- education about long-term hand problems
Physical therapy services include:
- one-to-one hand therapy for stretching of stiff fingers and wrists
- teaching range of motion and strengthening exercises
- managing scars with massage and ultrasound
Misericordia Community Hospital
This Covenant Health facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
16940 87 Avenue
Hospital is located east of West Edmonton Mall. The main parking lot can be accessed from 87 Ave. Public transportation is available with Edmonton transit stops on 87 Ave.
Hours of Operation
Facility Hours of Operation
Visiting Hours Monday - Sunday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Service Providers May Include
occupational therapists (OTs), physical therapists (PTs)
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
There is a cost for splints. The splint must be paid for at the time of the appointment.