The Pediatric Cardiology clinic specializes in the diagnosis and follow-up of children with congenital or acquired cardiac disease from birth to 18 years of age.
Provides specialized care for children who require surgery.
- children with medical disorders including cardiac complications.
- children with cardiac defects that require ongoing medical management.
- children who have had heart transplant surgery, or therapies which bridge to transplant including left ventricular assist devices (LVAD), Berlin Heart, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
Offers within the cardiac clinic the following diagnostic services:
- electrocardiogram (ECG) stress lab which provides cardiac rhythm evaluation and testing.
- pediatric echocardiography lab specializes in diagnostic ultrasound scanning of the heart (infants, children, youth, and antenatal.
Interventional and electrophysiological cardiac catheterization procedures are also scheduled.
Surgery services are provided by the Pediatric Section of the Alberta Health Services Cardiac Surgery Program.
For more information on the Stollery Congenital Heart Program visit ahs.ca/StolleryHeart