Continuing Care Choices
What is a Seniors Lodge?
- A group living setting that the individual chooses to live in
- Lodges are privately run and vary in the level of service they provide
- Offers social, leisure and recreational opportunities
- Accommodation fee includes rental, meals and 24 hour staff onsite for safety (staff are not health care providers)
- Additional services may be included or require an additional fee such as housekeeping, or personal laundry services
Who is a Seniors Lodge For?
- Functionally independent individuals who are able to arrange, manage and direct their own care and be responsible for decisions about day-to-day activities
- Most often individuals require basic services to maintain independence
Who Provides Care in a Seniors Lodge?
- Assistance with personal and care needs in the lodge are scheduled and provided by Home Care
- Physician appointments, laboratory testing and Pharmacy services are accessed in the community
- Family and friends are encouraged to maintain close, supportive relationships and help with other needs such as transport to medical appointments, laundry, shopping, banking, etc.